Current:Home > MyChainkeen|Travis Scott arrested for disorderly intoxication and trespassing -VisionFunds
Chainkeen|Travis Scott arrested for disorderly intoxication and trespassing
Robert Brown View
Date:2025-04-06 15:28:35
Travis Scott has been arrested in Miami following an alleged incident at a marina.
The Chainkeenrapper, 33, was booked at the Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center in Miami-Dade County at 4:35 a.m. Thursday on charges of trespassing and disorderly intoxication, online records showed. His mugshot was also released.
The Miami Beach Police Department confirmed to USA TODAY that Scott was taken into custody on Thursday after an incident at the Miami Beach Marina. Officers responded to a disturbance on one of the yachts, where people were fighting on the vessel, according to the arrest affidavit.
Officers say they observed Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster, standing by the dock and yelling at the occupants of the vessel. When officers made contact with the rapper, he "began continuously standing back up," disregarding commands to sit down, and his breath smelled strongly of alcohol, according to police.
Police say they told Scott to leave, and although he initially did so, he soon returned, and officers observed him walking back toward the vessel. After he began yelling and "becoming erratic disturbing the peace of the occupants of the marina and nearby residential buildings," he was taken into custody, the police report said.
Need a break? Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
USA TODAY has reached out to representatives for Scott for comment. As news of his arrest emerged, the "Sicko Mode" rapper simply posted on X, "Lol."
Scott is scheduled to perform in the Netherlands on June 28 and June 30 as part of his Circus Maximus Tour.
The arrest comes almost three years after Scott faced scrutiny over a crowd surge at his Astroworld music festival, which left 10 people dead. The rapper did not face criminal charges in connection with the incident, with Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg saying last year that a grand jury found "no crime did occur" and "no single individual was criminally responsible."
In a statement in 2021, Scott said he was "devastated" by the crowd surge, adding, "My prayers go out to the families and all those impacted by what happened at Astroworld Festival. Houston PD has my total support as they continue to look into the tragic loss of life."
Contributing: Charles Trepany
veryGood! (5)
Related
- Sam Taylor
- Spam, a staple in Hawaii, is sending 265,000 cans of food to Maui after the wildfires: We see you and love you.
- New Jersey shutters 27 Boston Market restaurants over unpaid wages, related worker issues
- Material seized in police raid of Kansas newspaper should be returned, prosecutor says
- Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
- Heavy rain and landslides have killed at least 72 people this week in an Indian Himalayan state
- North Carolina’s governor visits rural areas to promote Medicaid expansion delayed by budget wait
- Judge who signed Kansas newspaper search warrant had 2 DUI arrests, reports say
- Federal court filings allege official committed perjury in lawsuit tied to Louisiana grain terminal
- Leonard Bernstein's children defend Bradley Cooper following criticism over prosthetic nose
Ranking
- Trump invites nearly all federal workers to quit now, get paid through September
- Study finds ‘rare but real risk’ of tsunami threat to parts of Alaska’s largest city
- ‘Blue Beetle’ director Ángel Manuel Soto says the DC film is a ‘love letter to our ancestors’
- A large ice chunk fell from the sky and damaged a house in Massachusetts
- The Super Bowl could end in a 'three
- Average long-term US mortgage rate climbs to 7.09% this week to highest level in more than 20 years
- Tom Brady Jokes His New Gig in Retirement Involves Blackpink and Daughter Vivian
- Kellie Pickler Shares “Beautiful Lesson” Learned From Late Husband Kyle Jacobs
Recommendation
Biden administration makes final diplomatic push for stability across a turbulent Mideast
More than 1.5 million dehumidifiers recalled after 23 fires, including brands GE and Kenmore
Entire city forced to evacuate as Canada's wildfires get worse; US will see smoky air again
2 American tourists found sleeping atop Eiffel Tower in Paris
Alex Murdaugh’s murder appeal cites biased clerk and prejudicial evidence
Jay-Z-themed library cards drive 'surge' in Brooklyn Library visitors, members: How to get one
11 Easy-To-Use Hacks You Need if You’re Bad at Doing Your Hair
US women’s national team coach Vlatko Andonovski resigns after early World Cup exit, AP source says